Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue
Students posing for a picture, showing their hands covered in orange paint for "Slap the Rock" event on campus.

Current Students

Student Conduct & Community Standards seeks to resolve situations involving student members of the University community when one or more of the individuals involved is alleged to have violated a University standard of conduct. Allegations made against recognized student organizations are also resolved through this office. We work to promote a campus community in which all members can live, work, and pursue academic goals successfully and without interference from others.

What to expect if you are alleged to have violated a Standard of Conduct:

Our office receives reports from University Housing, UTPD, KPD, other law enforcement agencies, as well as through other members of the University community (i.e. professors, instructors, and other students). After receiving a report, the office reviews the information, and may conduct additional fact finding, to determine whether one of the Standards of Conduct has been violated. For more detailed information on the Conduct Process, please visit our Conduct Process page.

Are you or a fellow Vol in distress?

If so, call 865-974-HELP (4357) or complete a referral form.

The 974-HELP referral line was developed to help distressed students reach their academic goals and to help maintain a safe community and learning environment for all students.