Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue


Vols help Vols!  If you see someone who needs help due to alcohol and/or drugs, call 911 (or your RA if on campus) and stay with the individual. If you are under the influence and worried about calling for fear you may get in trouble, please know the University provides amnesty to student seeking help in these situations.


Amnesty means no formal disciplinary action is taken when a Good Samaritan: (1) contacts appropriate resources to report and request assistance and (2) demonstrates cooperation and care by remaining with the Impaired Student. Amnesty applies to the Impaired Student(s) and any Good Samaritan(s) under the influence of alcohol and/or other drugs.

  • Impaired Student: student(s) in need of emergency medical attention due to alcohol or other substance use.
  • Good Samaritan: student(s) that seek help for the impaired student(s).


Please see the Student Code of Conduct for more information regarding Amnesty.